Sunday, February 3, 2008

Are you sure

Ok so over the last two weeks my posts have been about Peace Corps and that is okay because thats what is going on with me right now. It seems like when I tell someone about going to Mongolia one of the common questions I get is "Are you sure?". I so bad want to tell the next person " No I am not sure, I just went through the last eight months doing applications, medical tests, and not planning for a life after graduation for nothing." I did not dedicate the last eight months to not be sure. I am not trying to sound like a punk because I am not. I just think it is crazy what people have said to me.

2 comments:

Travis said...

Running the risk of looking into this too deeply, I'm going to say that often what we see in others is actually a reflection of what we see in ourselves. Could it be that people who are saying this too you are actually unsure of whether they could see themselves doing it? Peace Corps is a frightening thing to many people. Maybe by saying, "Are you sure?" they are actually saying, "I'm not sure I could ever do something like that, how could you?" What do you think?

Jeff said...

I am sure I could see that being true. I get a lot of people who tell me that. "I couldn't do that but that is amazing you can."